Learn Argentine Tango and find out why it's the ultimate partner dance. It's fun, romantic and sensual - and easier to learn than you might think. At So Tango we'll have you dancing tango in no time!
Meet new people or bring a partner. Partners can attend FREE for up to 16 lessons
- for those beginning this May. No problems if you don't have a partner - we have a team of experienced assistants who can partner up with you.
Learn with a national tango champion and receive video lesson reviews between classes.
By learning tango you can:
- Enjoy a new and deeper way of connecting with people.
- Develop an ease with partner dancing in general.
- Enjoy a physical and social leisure activity that can last for a lifetime.
- Find a new of enjoying time with your partner.
Lessons are in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs and North Sydney with more locations to be announced soon. The best way to stay updated to news of new locations, next courses and special offers is to subscribe to the So Tango newsletter.
Hello! I'm Sophia (Alvarez) de Lautour - the principal instructor of So Tango and the current Australian tango champion. Since 2001 I have helped literally thousands of people in Sydney to learn to dance Argentine Tango. My co-teacher is Paul (Pavel) Wagner, an experienced dancer and dedicated tango teacher. We offers group and private dance lessons in North Sydney and the Eastern suburbs of Sydney.
Argentine Tango is an improvised, spontaneous dance which is based on a walk. If you can walk to music while embracing your partner, you can tango.
The popularity of Argentine tango as a social dance is certainly growing in Sydney where it is now possible to dance every night, often with a choice of venues. It's also growing more popular as a wedding dance because it's such a beautiful partner dance and a real audience pleaser with its inherent romance and drama.
Tango is also popular for performances.
At So Tango we...
- ensure all our courses are structured and sequenced to suit our students' skill levels, from complete beginners to advanced.
- provide free video dance lesson reviews of all moves covered in its courses.
- draw upon a pool of experienced tango dancers to gender balance classes.
- include an extra 30 mins of supervised practice time in our group dance lessons.
- limit class sizes - so you get plenty of 1:1 attention and adjustments from instructors.
- organise tango parties ('milongas') and visits to others around Sydney.
- great venues in North Sydney and Eastern suburbs with mirrors and wooden floors.
Until we chat, or meet on the dance floor...
Have a lovely day!