The differences between an Argentine friend and a 'normal' friend...
Post date: Apr 2, 2014 10:17:18 PM
From multiple trips to Argentina, having known many Argentines through tango, and my former marriage to an Argentine, I have to agree with this :-)"1. A normal friend never asks you for food. An Argentinean friend is the reason you’re putting dinner together.
2. A normal friend asks, “How are you doing?” when he sees you. An Argentinean friend hugs and kisses you, saying “Look at you, you son of a bitch, you look so amazing!”
3. A normal friend may not have seen you cry. An Argentinean friend has cried with you a dozen times.
4. A normal friend sends you flowers and a card when you’re at the hospital. An Argentinean friend goes to see you and falls asleep on a chair next to your bed.
5. A normal friend will borrow something and give it back to you in a couple of days. An Argentinean friend borrows something and forgets in a week that it doesn’t belong to him. He will never return it and you will never ask for it.
6. A normal friend offers you her couch to sleep on. An Argentinean friend gives you her bed while she sleeps on the floor next to you, keeping you up all night talking.
7. A normal friend knows some stuff about you. An Argentinean friend could write a book with all the things you have told her."